- the Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- there is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- all things exist for the glory of God.
- all humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action.
- the deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- there will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Only those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward. Those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal punishment.
- only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
About God: We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit — equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all. We give to them the same faith and worship.
The Father: We believe God is the Father, the holy and loving Creator of all things and is unlimited in time, space, knowledge, and power. He is perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe he concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of people; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He became man, without ceasing to be God, and was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary in order to redeem sinful humanity. We believe He satisfied God’s holy and just demands by dying as our substitute on the cross and He assured our redemption by His resurrection from the dead. We believe Jesus Christ ascended to heaven and is exalted at the right hand of the Father and that as High Priest for His people, He serves as our Intercessor and Advocate. We also believe in his personal visible return to the earth for His Church.
The Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit is present in the world today to make people aware of their sin and need for a savior. We believe He regenerates and sanctifies all who believe in Jesus Christ and His atoning work. He provides every Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, guidance in doing what is right, and imparts on every believer spiritual gifts for works of ministry. He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the Biblical gifts of the Spirit. As follower of Jesus, we seek to live under His guidance.
About the Bible: We believe the Bible to be the inspired revelation of God. We believe that the Bible is completely without error in the original manuscript. We believe that human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible. We believe that the Bible is our final and absolute authority on all Christian living, beliefs and practice.
About Salvation: We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and therefore, are under condemnation. We believe that everyone who puts their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and who accepts his atoning work upon the cross, will be saved forever.
About the Church: We believe the church is where God’s wisdom is displayed, where people who were formerly alienated from God are now reconciled and united for the purpose of declaring the gospel and glory of Jesus throughout the world. We believe it is where the Holy Spirit is at work remaking and rebuilding human lives, where people learn to love one another, to bear one another’s burdens and sorrows, to weep together and rejoice together, and to hold one another accountable.
About Ordinances: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: (1) Baptism; and (2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion open to all believers.
About the Future: We believe in the personal return of Christ to rapture his Church; in his visible second coming to the earth and the establishment of His Kingdom. We also believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked.
To download and read our church Bylaws click here.